How to Use Slack for HelpDesk
- After clicking “Install” in the MarketPlace, you should see a popup screen that results in the following (see screenshot). If you do not see a success message, reach out to the developer/support.
- After the application has been installed to your HelpDesk license, go to the app settings page.
- Click on settings for Slack for HelpDesk.
- Authorize the application for use with Slack.
- Refresh Slack for HelpDesk’s settings page. You should now see a configuration field for a Slack channel name. Input the Slack channel where you would like Slack for HelpDesk to post ticket updates.
- Add Slack for HelpDesk to the configured Slack channel.
- Whenever a ticket is created or a reply is posted to a ticket, Slack for HelpDesk will automatically create a message for the ticket and add replies in the thread.
- Any replies to a ticket thread in Slack will also add that same reply to the HelpDesk ticket.